Follow these 14 simple steps to maximize your home’s appeal and value:
- Keep the lawn neatly cut and place trash containers and other similar items out of sight.
- Trim trees and shrubs to make sure they do not obscure views or keep light from streaming through windows.
- Touch up exterior paint, if necessary. Faded or chipped exterior paint is an immediate buyer turnoff!
- Make the front entrance clean and attractive. Buy a new doormat. Add a wreath or other decorating elements.
- Make windows sparkle inside and out.
- Clean your home’s skylights, if applicable.
- Remove debris from gutters. Direct all downspouts away from the foundation.
- Air out your home; eliminate all tobacco, mildew, and pet odors.
- Inspect your home’s closets (buyers will).
- Do a general cleanup and remove items to make closets appear more spacious.
- Keep bathrooms clean and orderly.
- Clean the kitchen thoroughly, leaving very few items on the countertops.
- Do not forget to keep your appliances clean at all times.
- Paint interior rooms, if needed.